Registered user since Tue 29 May 2018
I help developers to effectively maintain and evolve their software systems. My current research interests are software maintenance (evolution, refactoring, comprehension), software testing, and software monitoring and log analysis.
Background. I got my PhD (2016) and MSc (2012) degrees in Computer Science at University of São Paulo (USP), Brazil. Before moving to academia, I worked as a software developer at Caelum (5 years), Locaweb (1 year), and VeriFone (3 years). Together with Caelum, I co-founded Alura, the most popular e-learning platform for software engineers in Brazil.
Education. I teach Software Testing and Quality (CS1110, CS bachelor), Software Analytics and Machine Learning for Software Engineering (IN3443, CS MSc), and Software Refactoring (CS4300, CS MSc). I supervise MSc students on software engineering topics.
Book author. I have authored technical books on test-driven development (the first book on the topic in Brazilian Portuguese), software testing automation, pragmatic object-oriented design, and introduction to C programming.
- Automatically Identifying Parameter Constraints in Complex Web APIs: A Case Study at Adyen
- Search-Based Software Re-Modularization: A Case Study at Adyen
- The Effectiveness of Supervised Machine Learning Algorithms in Predicting Software Refactoring
- Committee Member in Program Committee within the Technical Track-track
- Grading 600+ students: A Case Study on Peer and Self Grading
International Conference on Program Comprehension
View general profile